Friday, March 13, 2009

Red Rose Cake

Although this is not my favorite cake, it is special for a few reasons. This was the first stacked cake that I did that was this many tiers and layers of cake. I did a neopolitan cake with layers of chocolate, french vanilla and strawberry in each tier. The cake was covered in fondant that I made from scratch. I will post the recipe and instructions later (with pics if I have time). All in all, it turned out pretty good. I intended to put fresh roses around the cake but when I went to Sams Club, they didn't have what I was looking for so I opted for a rose stencil instead. It took some practice (but hey, that's what this whole cake was for anyway, practice). We are still eating it.




“Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everybody agrees that it is old enough to know better.”
-Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment