Wednesday, April 1, 2009

2nd Sculpture Success

I finished my second sugar sculpture today and I think it turned out pretty good. We added a rose, ribbons and bubble sugar to the base that we made last week. The rose took more time to make than the previous hedge roses and turned out better. I was not thrilled with the rose at first because I am used to making gumpaste roses but this one started to grow on me after a while. Each one of us had different color schemes but I tried to keep mine more natural.

“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.”

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Calling All Callalilies!

I finally got around to finishing those callalilies I have been promising. I didn't do much to them since I didn't have any petal dusts, only luster dusts which create shine but not too much color. After looking at some pictures of real callalilies, I think I can improve on them next time.

“This is an age-old truth: People seldom improve when they have no other model but themselves to copy.”