Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Beginning of 2nd Sugar Sculpture

We have started working on our second sugar sculpture in my sugar class today. We made the base this week and will make the rose to sit on it in class next week. Keep in mind that this is a "work in progress" and I will post new pictures once we add something else to it. I decided to do a copper/brown color scheme and I think it turned out pretty good. The colors contrast well. This entire piece is made of sugar - the whole thing. The base was cast and even the feet on the bottom of the base are made of sugar. The branch-like piece is straw sugar (a different technique that included pulling hot sugar until it incorporated air and created a nice sheen and lighter color. I simply attached the pieces with melted sugar. It was not as difficult as I figured it would be, but I seem to have a knack for this stuff.


UPDATE: Our news segment did not air yesterday because of the Presidential speech so it will air today at 5pm instead. I will, of course, be in class but I am recording it. I will try to find a way to post it on here.


“The control center of your life is your attitude.”
-Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment