Friday, July 29, 2011

Baby Gender Reveal Cake -- UPDATE!

A month or so ago I made my first baby gender reveal cake. I got a call from a wonderful woman whose daughter is expecting and was about to have her ultrasound. They chose a design and flavors, then when the day came for the ultrasound, I got a call from the technician who performed the ultrasound telling me to make the filling BLUE!

Then I got to work! I had the cakes prepped and uncolored frosting made ahead of time. I only had about 4 hours to color, fill, frost, and decorate the cake before they came to pick it up. The reveal party was that evening. They didn't want to wait any longer then they had to--I don't blame them! The cake was finished on time and picked up. Here is what the cake looked like:


A couple weeks later, they sent me an email letting me know how it went and included pictures! Here are a few of them:

Here is a photo of their table set-up.


Here is the mother-to-be with her revealing slice! Funny how her lei is the same color.. Could her intuition have told her what it would be?

 The cake after it was cut.

I had a blast making this cake! I hope to do many more in the future. I have also recently seen gender reveal cupcakes with revealing filling used inside them. It was exciting knowing the gender before my clients did and I was careful not to have any blue on my uniform or hands when they came to pick it up. Didn't want to give anything away! I look forward to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment