Thursday, September 30, 2010

Birthdays Galore!

My husband's birthday is tomorrow, October 1. He is a fan of Texas Hold'em. While we were dating, he played in a tournament and won two tickets to Disneyland. That was one of our first dates and my first trip ever to Disneyland. I have wanted to make this cake for a while, but he has been deployed for his past two birthdays. I bought my printer for edible images so that I could make the cards and poker chips as realistic as I could. The cake is white vanilla with chocolate Swiss meringue buttercream.
My youngest daughter had her third birthday two weeks ago. She said she wanted a Care Bears cake. I got an idea to make the Care Bear cloud ship from the first movie. Here it is without the Care Bear figurines and with them. It is banana cake with cream cheese filling and buttercream frosting with a few fondant accents.


"Anyone who uses the phrase, 'it's easy as taking candy from a baby', has never tried taking candy from a baby."
-Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment