Monday, May 3, 2010

When the Devils Food Went Down to Georgia...

I have been trying to get my recipes together for when it comes time to file with the Virginia Department of Agriculture to get my health inspection for business. And since there are several recipes that I either haven't used in a while or haven't used at all, I am trying them out, painstakingly one by one in order to make sure I use the right ones. I needed to try the devil's food cake and cookies n cream filling recipes this week, which also allowed me to try out a cream cheese frosting recipe I had tucked away for a rainy day. I made two cakes this time, Cookies N Cream and Black Forest. The Black Forest cake had a cherry soak and cherries in each layer of filling. This made it more difficult to cut cleanly, but still yummy!

“Life is like a piano ... what you get out of it depends on how you play it.”
-Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment