My cake class is coming to an end and we have started our final project, constructing and decorating a dummy wedding cake. My team ended up with the only square cake in the class and even though it was more of a pain to cover with fondant, it looks considerably better than if it were a round cake. Here is a picture of the cake before we started adding more decorations to it. The only thing done to it so far is red ribbon was wrapped around it. We are piping designs onto the sides and making red gum paste roses to put on it as well. My team all came up with a really beautiful and elegant design so I am very excited to see how it turns out.
The final project for sugar class is due next week and while I don't have any pictures of it because nothing is assembled as of yet, I can tell you a little about it. We are creating a 3-D pond with a turtle, two fish, lily pads and a water lily. I will post photos as soon as it is finished.
“Never mistake activity for progress.”