Wednesday, March 18, 2009

In The Wonderful World of Sugar

Today in sugar class, we used the pulled sugar technique to make hedge roses, leaves and a spiral thingy and put it all together. Here is the finished product:
Next, I finally found time to finish the roses (or semi-finish) that I made in class two weeks ago. I didn't have the exact colors I wanted but the structure of the roses turned out perfect. I like these better than the other I posted before because they are fuller.
I didn't, however, have time to finish the callalilies that we made. They are constructed but not dusted so I won't post a pic of them until I finish them, which may be this weekend if I get time (but since I have a Lambeth method cake decorating class on Saturday, I probably won't). I would work on them now but I'm not feeling at all well today and staying home from my night cake class because of it. I hate missing it, but I feel crappy and after that long class today and the long class tomorrow, I need a break. It's the perfect time to be sick, too, when Erik is gone. Poor, poor, pitiful me. Haha.

UPDATE: I no longer have to stress about the 120 red hats for the Red Hat Society. We are not making them until May so I have a lot more time now to prepare and practice. Whew!

“Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn’t have said.”

No comments:

Post a Comment